The SLVRMC Oncology/Infusion Center offers cancer screening, treatment programs and support services. The Center provides care as directed by an individual's specialist physician and local doctor. The Oncology/Infusion Center works as a member of this three-part health-care team to provide state-of-the-art treatment.
OUTPATIENT INFUSION SERVICES
- Blood Transfusion
- Iron Therapy
- Antibiotics (case by case basis)
- Hepatitis Therapy
- Immunoglobulins (IVIG)
- Pain Management
- Osteoporosis Therapy
- Autoimmune Disease Therapy (R.A., Crohn's, etc.)
- Maintenance and Medication Refills for Implantable Pumps
- Patient Navigation: The Patient Navigator program helps navigate patients into the many systems needed during their cancer treatment. Trained patient navigators connect patients to programs and resources that will be helpful during recovery.
- Education: American Cancer Society "I Can Cope" series held the 3rd Wednesday 12:00-1:00 at the SLVRMC Education Center.
- Support Group: Cancer support group held the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month from 4:00-5:00 at the Physicians Services Building.
- Drug Assistance Programs: Free drug programs for patients with limited or no insurance.
- Clinical Trials: Opportunity for patients to participate in national clinical trials.
FACILITATION OF SUPPORTIVE SERVICE REFERRALS
- Cancer Exercise Rehabilitation: For anyone going through or recovering from cancer therapy who seeks more energy, greater strength, and improved quality of life.
- Pain Management: Is an integrated approach to help alleviate and manage pain. Pain relief prevents suffering and may help you heal faster. Referrals also available to complementary pain therapists (e.g. massage, acupuncture, etc.)
- Behavioral Therapy: For help with coping with your emotions, reducing stress, and discussing how cancer can affect intimacy and relationships. Counseling is available for patients and their families.