In order to keep open communication between ROMP, the Employer, the Employee, and the Insurance Company, there are certain responsibilities for all parties involved.
- Fill out an Initial Report of Injury on all employees who have been injured on the job.
- Forward the report to the insurance company within 48 hours, not to exceed ten days after the date of injury.
- Direct the injured employee to seek medical attention by giving a specific written order for examination and treatment (includes specific instructions).
- During the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday please have employee contact the ROMP Clinic for an appointment for non-emergent injuries (589-8110).
- For emergencies after hours, medical attention can be obtained through the San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center Emergency Department.
- Call San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center lab to schedule breath/blood alcohol tests at 587-1226.
- Call ROMP, for urine drug/alcohol screens for random collections, pre-employment, or post-accident screenings at 589-8110.
- Keep in mind an employee may return to the workplace if his/her duties are modified within the restrictions outlined in the Report of Workability by the treating physician. This is a cost containment strategy for all involved.
- Be sure all of your employees have read and understand your "Company Policy" regarding medical treatment for work-related injuries and illnesses